13 Jan 2019
11 AM to 3 PM
Skmana Open House
Skmana Ski and Snowshoe Club invites you to their first Open House of 2019! Please consider packing a lunch/snack and warm drink with you. Tour our trails and enjoy some sweets in the warming hut! Guided nordic ski trail tours will leave from the parking lot at noon and 2 PM.
16 Feb 2019
11 AM – 3 PM
Family Open House
*Part of the North Shuswap Winter Carnival*
- Fire will be on at the warming hut and some sweet treats will be available. Please consider packing a lunch/snack and warm drink and come up and join us for some skiing or snowshoeing.
- If you are unfamiliar with Skmana – there will be club members available for ski or snowshoe tours starting at the main parking lot at 12 and 2.
- We will have a limited number of kids x-country skis available for kids to try and will have activities set up for them!
28 March 2019
Annual General Meeting
So many great ideas and people contributing to the vitality of this club. Thanks for coming out and we look forward to all of the exciting things happening this year.
08 Jan 2019
The program consists of six weekly lessons starting on January 8 and running until February 12, 1:30 – 2:15 PM. Weather permitting, the program would continue until February 26. The cost and use of equipment, as well as the Bunnyrabbits classes, will be free to club members (a minimum of one adult and one child). The objective is to introduce cross country skiing and the healthy lifestyle associated with it through organized activity and active play. In addition, the program is designed to:
- Help children develop a positive self-image
- Be fun
- Provide children an opportunity to make ski-friends
- Develop fundamental movement skills
- Help children develop an awareness and appreciation of our natural environment
Want to Join The Club?
We need people for a wide variety of jobs, if you have a special skill and would like to volunteer your expertise, reach out to us on our contact page. We would love to have you on board!
Fundraising Coordinator – Includes everything from Corporate donation requests to bottle drives and silent auctions. This activity can be done anytime during the year. New ideas are welcome.
Trail Grooming – Includes operating snowmobiles and pulling grooming equipment as well moving snow manually and tree cutting and clipping. Generally trails need grooming 2 – 3 times per week, depending on snow conditions and new snow falls.
Activity Planner – Determines and organizes on hill activities, including advertising the events and attending as host.
Parade Decoration Crew – An annual one time event usually in November during Chase Christmas Activities.
Membership Drives & Processing – Responsible for advertising for new members as well as collecting enrollment forms and collecting fees.